Be sure to get involved! There are many recognition awards & educational opportunities that will benefit your career!
For WSAUA Residents: Become a part of one of urology’s greatest traditions! We offer discounted meeting registration including social events, a $1700 value. Plus discounted registration for your spouse/guest. In addition, scholarship awards are given to defer travel costs to one resident per each training facility in the Western Section (to be selected by the program chief). The amount is $500 except when the meeting is in Hawaii in which case it is $1000.
Surviving after Residency, Learning the Business Side of Practice
Special Lunch Program for Residents – Sunday, Oct. 25 11:45am – 1:15pm
Please RSVP to gro.a1603340812uasw@1603340812ofni1603340812
Course Director: Jonathan Perley, MD, Clinical Instructor, Harbor UCLA & Private Practice, Long Beach, CA
Faculty: Polina Reyblat, MD, Kaiser Permenente Medical Center, Los Angeles, Past President of the Los Angeles Urological Society
- How to decide on the right job
- Academic vs. private vs. HMO
- Groups large and small
- Understanding insurance, reimbursement and coding
- How to get started in a practice and what is expected of me
- Understanding the economic landscape and how it relates to medicine today
- Panel discussion with academic and Kaiser faculty
- Update on ancillary care services (surgery centers, pathology labs, & radiation centers)
3rd Annual WSAUA Residents Bowl!
During the 91ST Annual Meeting of the WSAUA, Oct. 25-29, 2015, Indian Wells, CA
We invite your institution to participate in the ever popular WSAUA Residents Bowl during the upcoming annual meeting in Indian Wells!! We are hoping to get participation from each of the WSAUA training institutions. We are looking for Residents who can participate in the WSAUA Resident Bowl AND who plan to attend the AUA Annual Meeting in 2016 in San Diego.
The Program Committee will create the teams at random and the final winners will be awarded medals and represent the WSAUA Resident Team at the AUA Annual Meeting Resident’s Bowl next year. Please have your department / division chairman submit your name and email!
The games will be played on (during the meeting):
• Round#1 of 3: Tuesday: Oct. 27 at 10:15am – 10:45am
• Round#2 of 3: Tuesday: Oct. 27 at 6:30pm – 7:00pm (during Reception)
• Round#3 of 3: Wednesday: Oct. 28 at 9:45am-10:15am
Please note that residents need to be available, for all three times.
Please submit resident name(s) to .gro.1603340812auasw1603340812@einn1603340812aej1603340812
SEE REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS BELOW… BE SURE YOUR INSTITUTION IS REPRESENTED!
- Madigan AMC: Matthew Banti, MD/Alt:Andrew Salomon, MD
- Mayo Arizona: Karen Stern, MD
- USC: Jamal Nabhani, MD
- UCLA: Joseph Shirk, MD
- Kaiser Permanente, Los Angeles: Seena Safavy, MD