Click here to download the current schedule of activities (preliminary)
Registered Spouses and Guests enjoy the following benefits:
Registration: The spouse/guest registration fee includes: Name badge, Sunday Welcome Reception, access to hear the keynote speaker David Brin, general sessions and exhibit hall functions, Tuesday evening exhibit hall reception, Spouse Hospitality Lounge breakfasts and activities, and Wednesday evening reception/dinner. This package does not include CME.
Kids: For those who may be bring children, there is a lot included for Kids on the hotel property including free bike rentals and a large grassy play area and sandy beach. Children 5 and under are free to attend the evening social events at no charge. Junor tickets (age 6-17) are also available. (Please note that children under 18 are not allowed in the exhibit hall area of the meeting.)
Note: Special Halloween event for kids at Living Desert on Oct. 24 and Oct. 25 – click here for more info
Camp Oasis (for children 5-12 yrs old)
- Saturday and Sunday from 9:00a-12:00pm, includes snack and T-shirt. Reservations encouraged.
- Phone: +1-760-773-4444 ext. 51
- Fee: 45.00 USD
Activities: You are also invited to participate on Monday sports day. Activities include: Golf Tournament, Tennis Tournament, Living Desert Safari Tram Experience and hotel activities. For Spa Esmeralda reservations – click here. Save 10% with our group discount – use WSAUA for the discount code
Shop and Shuttle: Elegant shopping on El Paseo in the heart of Palm Desert
Tuesday, October 27 – 10:30am-2:30pm
After the spouse hospitality, plan to hop on our group shuttle with friends where you can take your time, tasting, lunching, shopping, and sightseeing on El Paseo. The shuttle will drop you off (and pick you up) where you can set-out to the local wine tasting rooms conveniently located and within walking distance – see map. There are also very nice restaurants for you to choose from to have lunch with friends (lunch not included). This activity is included in the spouse/guest registration package and includes round trip transportation. Must be a registered spouse/guest.
Spouse Hospitality Lounge: This is the hub for registered spouses and guests to gather and socialize before heading out for the day and will feature deluxe continental breakfast and various activities. Hours: 8:00 am – 10:00 am, Sunday through Wednesday. Registered spouse or guest may bring your kids at no charge. Tickets are included and required for admittance to Spouse Hospitality Lounge Breakfast.
If you’d prefer just to attend the activities and events ala carte, tickets may be purchased on advance or on-site.
Special activities in the Spouse/Guest Hospitality Lounge include special Wellness workshops with health and fitness guru Karen Cohn. Topics may include:
- How to Stay Healthy During the Holidays aka “Party Without Pounds”
- Superfoods 101 – Heart Healthy foods and the benefits of Chocolate
- 4 Tips to Stay Healthy for kids and their parents
- The Workplace Wellness Presentation
TOP 10 FAMILY-FRIENDLY SUMMER ACTIVITIES IN INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA
Balance quality family time by the pool with a desert adventure or two – there’s plenty to do to keep all ages entertained! Below some of our top picks for Indian Wells family-friendly fun and adventure:
- Meet more than 450 desert animals and have lunch in an “African Village at the one-and-only Living Desert Zoo & Botanical Garden. (Check out the Miramonte Resort & Spa’s Living Desert Family Escape Package and the Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa’s The Living Desert Discovery Package.)
- Bring the young ones to Children’s Discovery Museum in nearby Rancho Mirage to participate in the many hands-on activities.
- Take family golf lessons at the championship Indian Wells Golf Resort, located only steps away from the four Indian Wells resorts.
- Need a break? Take the kids to the hotel’s Camp Oasis where they will keep your children entertained for hours.
- Experience the thrill of a lifetime aboard the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, where the world’s largest rotating tramcars transport you to acres of mountain wilderness. (Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa Tram Discovery Package.)
- Take advantage of your resort’s complimentary bike rentals and go for a morning ride on one of Indian Wells’ scenic bike trails.
- Embark on a thrilling sightseeing tour to experience the wonders of the San Andreas Fault and Joshua Tree National Park. See your hotel concierge for details.
- Teach your kids how to play tennis at the renowned Indian Wells Tennis Garden, home of the annual BNP Paribas Open.
- Have a ball with the Pizza Package at Fantasy Springs Bowling Center at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indio (a 10-15 minute drive from Indian Wells). The $69 Pizza Package includes two hours of bowling, shoe rental, two medium pizzas, and one pitcher of soda.