Special Saturday Pre-Meeting Workshop
Violence in Medical America: Is your Clinic Prepared?
Protect Your Practice – Empower your Staff
Saturday, October 24, 2pm-5pm at the Renaissance Indian Wells
BONUS: This event is free of charge to registered attendees of the meeting
Click here to register if not attending the annual meeting
Sheldon H F Marks, MD
Tucson Urologist and Security Consultant (Tucson SWAT Member)
William M. Schiff, MD
Fresno Urologist and Security Consultant
Is your organization taking reasonable action to prevent predictable critical events which could take a significant toll on our workforce and patients? Are we prepared to respond properly to a violent attack or other adverse event? Failure to train is an already established liability issue. A single security incident can significantly impact the clinic reputation and profitability. Attacks can evolve rapidly and immediate response is critical. Counting on others to save us does not always work.
This comprehensive 3 hour course is about helping urologists and their staff deal with actual or potential threats to their persons, practice and others. Each attendee will receive handouts and take home materials.
- Understand the relevance of Violence In Medical America (VIMA)
- Awareness of the liabilities associated with negligent failure to plan
- Awareness of your rights to defend yourself, your staff and your patients
- How to develop policies and procedures for your medical office
- How to develop practical cost-effective safety and security program
- Learn de-escalation techniques for aggressive behavior
- Learn the value of RUN HIDE FIGHT
- Be introduced to basic self-defense
Drs. Schiff and Marks are practicing urologists, training experts and the authors of Violence in Medical America.Click here for article and biography.